PHILOSOPHY RESOURCES ONLINE
General Philosophy Mega-Sites
- Guide to Philosophy on the Internet
Very comprehensive, browsable.
- Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy
Excellent and comprehensive.
- MIT's online guide to writing philosophy papers
- The Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy
Nicely done, less technical than the Stanford EOP.
- Guide to the World's Philosophers
- Episteme Links: Welcome Page
No longer being maintained, but still very useful.
- A Dictionary of Philosophical Terms and Names
- Dictionary of Philosophy of Mind
Logic, Critical Thinking, and Philosophy of Science
- Online exercises in logic and critical thinking
- The Skeptic's Dictionary
Good clear and complete definitions of terms used in pseudo-science and critical analysis of pseudo-science (confirmation bias, Forer effect, etc.)
- Index of Skeptical Inquirer articles online
Very useful for term papers in Critical Thinking!
- Dr. Simanek's home page
A truly wonderful, comprehensive collection of links to sites on history of science, paranormal, creationism, flat earth, etc. Thank you, Dr. Simanek!
- History of Science
From PBS. Many links.
- Informal Logic
An academic journal.
- Philosophical Humor (David Chalmers' list)
- David Chalmers tell us all about Zombies
- Philosophy Songs
Specific Works Online
- Project Gutenberg
Free online books of all kinds. You can find many primary source books in philosophy here, in original languages (e.g., Kant in German), as well as English translations.
- Perseus Digital Library
THE online place for classical Greek and Latin texts (Homer, Vergil, Herodotus, Plato, Aristotle, etc.) in original Greek and Latin as well as English translations.
- Classical Greek and Latin works from MIT
In English, easy to read
- Descartes' Meditations
Weird, but Project Gutenberg doesn't have this one.
- Leibniz's Monadology
English translation, also missing from Project Gutenberg
- Hume's EnquiryConcerning Human Understanding
- John Stuart Mill's Utilitarianism
- The Structure of Scientific Revolutions
A synopsis of Kuhn's very famous book
- Marx's Economic and Philosophical Manuscripts: Alienated (Estranged) Labor
Like the title says. Actually, pretty much everything by Marx is online from this site.
- Wittgenstein's Lectures on Philosophy
- Writings by C. S. Peirce
- Individual philosophers such as David Chalmers, Ned Block, John Searle, Hubert Dreyfus, and Daniel Dennett put current works in progress and archived papers on their Web sites. David Chalmers has compiled an excellent list of links to sites of this type. Another list of philosophers with online materials is here.
- Pictures of Philosophers
Sure you've read their books, but what did they look like? This site is good on science as well as philosophy.
- More Pictures of Philosophers
Sandy's X10 Host Home Page | Sandy's Google Sites Home Page
Questions or comments? firstname.lastname@example.org